About the Journal
Innovations in Science, Technology and Engineering (ISTE) Journal has been publishing original research and review papers written in English since 2023.
ISTE Journal has been managed by İskenderun Technical University, Institute of Graduate Studies. It is an open-access journal and is published twice a year, in June and December. Publications in ISTE Journal are free of charge.
We would like to contribute to scientific accumulation in our country and the world by publishing original papers in science, technology, engineering and architecture. Therefore, we invite the investigators and scientists from the related branches of science, technology, engineering and architecture to submit their best studies for publication in ISTE Journal.
ISTE Journal is an Open Access journal that aims to ensure the visibility of scientific studies by the public and to increase their impact and is aware of the need for information to be easily accessible to improve science and strengthen the scientific communication network.
Innovations in Science, Technology and Engineering (ISTE) Journal appeals to a wide range of researchers since it covers almost all Science, Technology, Engineering and Architecture subjects, not a specific subject and field. "Innovations in Science, Technology and Engineering (ISTE) Journal", where research in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Architecture will be included only in the form of scientific original research articles, aims to contribute to science by evaluating the work of faculty members, graduate students and other researchers, and to become a highly respected journal in the world of science.
All areas of science, technology, engineering and architecture are within the scope of the journal. In particular, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Electronic Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Energy Systems Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Chemical, Biology, Industrial Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior Architecture, City and Regional Planning, Marine Transportation Operations Engineering, Management of Maritime Businesses, Shipbuilding and Hull Machinery Engineering, Hull Machinery Management Engineering, Marine Sciences, Marine Technologies, Water Resources Management and Organization, Aquaculture, Aerospace Engineering, Department of Avionics, Department of Aviation Management, Department of Flight Training and Department of Airframe and Powerplant Maintenance in conjunction with the related disciplines are of interest.
Before submission please check the ISTE Journal homepage for information ISTE Journal scope, available article types and details of any variations to the peer review process that might apply.
Please read the author guidelines first. You can find more detail in our author guidelines which are presented in the style of a typical article, and offer suggestions on how to format a manuscript. Manuscript must be prepared and submitted with the following our journal template:
YOUR PAPER YOUR WAY!
Only when your paper is at the revision stage, will you be requested to put your paper in to a 'correct format' for acceptance and provide the items required for the publication of your article.
There is no page limit. Only online submissions are accepted. Submissions by anyone other than one of the authors will not be accepted. The submitting author takes responsibility for the paper during submission and peer review. The corresponding author should submit a manuscript to ISTE Journal submission system.
Terms of Submission
Papers must be submitted on the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere and are not currently under consideration by another journal published by any other publisher. The submitting author is responsible for ensuring that the article’s publication has been approved by all the other coauthors. It is also the author’s responsibility to ensure that the articles emanating from a particular institution are submitted with the approval of the necessary institution. Only an acknowledgment from the editorial office officially establishes the date of receipt. Further correspondence and proofs will be sent to the author(s) before publication unless otherwise indicated. It is a condition of submission of a paper that the authors permit editing of the paper for readability. All inquiries concerning the publication of accepted papers should be addressed to email@example.com
Innovations in Science, Technology and Engineering (ISTE) Journal has been publishing original research and review papers written in English since 2022.
ISTE Journal has been managed by İskenderun Technical University, Institute of Graduate Studies. It is an open access journal and published twice a year, in June and December. Publications in ISTE Journal is free of charge.
We would like to contribute to scientific accumulation in our country and in the world by publishing original papers in science, technology and engineering. Therefore, we invite the investigators and scientists from the related branches of science, technology, engineering and architecture to submit their best studies for publication in ISTE Journal.
ISTE Journal is an Open Access journal that aims to ensure the visibility of scientific studies by the public and to increase their impact, and is aware of the need for information to be easily accessible in order to improve science and strengthen the scientific communication network.
Manuscripts should be submitted by submission system . The submitting (corresponding) author is responsible for the manuscript during submission and peer review processes.
The names, ORCID numbers, and affiliations of all authors should also be indicated on the first page of the submitted manuscript.
All submissions should be accompanied by The Copyright Transfer Form containing the names of all authors and signed by the corresponding author.
Manuscript Submission Format
The manuscripts submitted to the Innovations in Science, Technology and Engineering (ISTE) should be prepared according to the rules stated below.
1) Manuscripts should be in English written in a double-column format as a Microsoft Word document.
2) Please use Times New Roman font, 10 point size throughout the manuscript but TNR(11) and TNR(8) fonts must be used for section titles and abstract, respectively.
3) The text should be one-spaced, fully justified, with 15 mm margins on the left side, 20 mm margin right side, 25 mm margin on the top and bottom sides.
4) All manuscript text except references and captions (of tables and figures) should be written with 1.15 line spacing. Line spacing in references and captions should be set 1.00.
5) Starting from the first page, place page numbers on the bottom center of each page.
6) Starting from the first page, number all the lines by using the line numbering function of MS word.
7) Please do not use any header/footer.
8) The maximum allowable number of words is 5000 for research papers and 10000 for review papers. The references are excluded from this limit.
9) The maximum allowable total figure and table number should not exceed 12 and 20 for research and review papers, respectively.
10) The title of the article should be concise, informative, and have no abbreviations.
11) The name(s) of the author(s), department name(s), name of the current institution(s), cities, postal address(es), countries, and ORCID numbers of the authors should be indicated after the title. The corresponding author should be indicated by an asterisk. The e-mail address of the corresponding author should also be provided.
12) An abstract should be provided for the paper. The abstract not exceeding 200 words is required. The aim of the study, materials/methods, main results and major conclusions should be briefly expressed in the abstract. The abstract should not contain any equations, references, or footnotes.
13) 4-6 keywords associated with the manuscript should be provided and sorted alphabetically.
14) The manuscript should be divided into clearly defined and numbered sections with brief headings. Subsections can also be used. Sections and subsections should be numbered 1.1. (then 1.1.1., 1.1.2., ...), 1.2., etc. Each section or subsection heading should appear on its own separate line.
15) Following the abstract, the structure of the manuscript should be as follows:
Introduction: State the purpose of the study and describe why it matters. Avoid an extensive literature review; just summarize background information only for specific aspects of the topic being addressed.
Material and methods: Describe in detail what was done to answer the question(s) posed in the introduction. It should include enough details and references to permit a full evaluation of your work or to repeat the experiments exactly as you have done them.
Results and Discussion: Describe the findings along with the interpretation of significant data. Tables and figures can usually be utilized in this section.
Conclusions: State the main conclusions of the study.
Conflict of Interests: All conflicts of interest should be declared. If there is not any conflict of interest, the content of this section can be arranged as shown in the template.
Acknowledgments: Acknowledgements should be expressed in a separate section before the references.
References: Please arrange this section as described below.
Appendices: If there is more than one appendix, they should be entitled as A, B, etc. Equations in appendices should have separate numbers: Eq. (1), Eq. (2), etc. Tables and figures in appendices should be numbered as Table 1 and Figure 1, etc.,
Declaration of Ethical Standards: If the study does not require Ethics Approval, the following declaration can be used:
“The author(s) of this article declares that the materials and methods used in this study do not require ethical committee permission and/or legal-special permission.”
Otherwise, please declare the board name granting ethics approval, approval date, and approval number.
16) Tables should have consecutive numbers and captions at the top in accordance with their appearance in the text.
17) Figures should have consecutive numbers and captions at the bottom in accordance with their appearance in the text. Size the illustrations close to the desired dimensions of the printed version. Please make sure that artwork files are in an acceptable format (TIFF or JPEG) and with the correct resolution (min. 300 dpi).
18) Captions should be justified left and ride sides of the figure or table. Locate the tables and figures close to the paragraph in which they are mentioned first. If one column is not wide enough for a table or figure, you can merge the columns as shown in the template
19) The text should have a citation of each figure and table. Letters in the figures should be large enough to be readily seen.
20) Abbreviations should be defined where they first appear in the text. The title of the paper should not have any abbreviation.
21) Equations should be fully justified. They should have consecutive equation numbers in parentheses aligned with the right margin as given in the template. Each equation must be cited in the text with the equation number.
22) Both tables and figures should be embedded in the text.
23) Each reference cited in the text should also be presented in the reference list.
Reference formatting: For citations within the text, use a citation number in a square bracket. A reference list at the end of the text with full details of all cited references is also required in accordance with the following examples. Also, all open access references must be clickable. These references should include a link that directs the reader to the contents of the reference when clicking on it.
*Reference to a journal publication:
1] Duran U., Acikgoz M., Araci S., 2020. A study on some new results arising from (p,q)-calculus, TWMS Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 11(1), pp. 57-71.
 Nur N., Evis D., Bahçeci E., Depci T., Yildirim R. G., Kafadar V. E. 2019. Thermoluminescence properties of strontium doped magnesium tetraborate, Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 146, pp. 5-9.
*Reference to conference proceedings:
 Duran U., Acikgoz M., 2021. Gould-Hopper Based Degenerate Truncated Euler Polynomials. II. International Conference on Innovative Engineering Applications, Muş, Turkey, 20-22 May, Paper ID: 93.
*Reference to a book:
 Moran M. J., Shapiro H. N. Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics, 5th ed., John Wiley and Sons, West Sussex, England, 2006.
24) Line spacing, paragraph spacing, font size, indents, and all other spelling features in the manuscript must be as shown in the template.
Submission Preparation Checklist!
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The File of the Manuscript
Manuscript must be prepared and submitted in conjuction with our journal template.
***Documents required to be uploaded in addition to the article file:
We request that authors transfer (assign) the copyright in their articles to ISTE Journal before publication. This ensures that we have the right to work with, reproduce and to make your article available to readers. This is the case whether you have chosen to publish on a subscription-only or on a gold open access basis.
Copyright Transfer Form for ISTE Journal (Required)
Ethics Committee Approval Certificate (Required at Article Submission Stage for Studies Requiring Ethics Committee Permission)
Ethics Committee Approval is not Required Declaration Form (Required at the Submission Stage of the Articles for Studies that Do not Require Ethics Committee Permission) -This form will be uploaded instead of the Ethics Committee Approval Document.
Research and Publication Ethics Declaration Form (Required at Article Submission Stage) -It will be uploaded as an additional file.
Authors' Contribution Form (Required at Article Submission Stage)
The Declaration of Conflict of Interest/Common Interest (Required at Article Submission Stage)
Cover Letter - Required
Except for the Author Contribution Form and The Declaration of Conflict of Interest/Common Interest, the above forms must be uploaded by either all authors or signed only by the corresponding author. Author contribution form and The Declaration of Conflict of Interest/Common Interest and The Declaration of Conflict of Interest/Common Interest, must be signed by all authors.
It is sufficient to send only the English form among the forms written in both languages. Turkish forms are for informational purposes only.
NOTE: While submitting the article, all subheadings starting from the "Funding" title should be filled. Please provide this when submitting the article for the first time, not soon as the article is published.
Open Access authors retain the copyrights of their papers, and all open access articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited.
The use of general descriptive names, trade names, trademarks, and so forth in this publication, even if not specifically identified, does not imply that these names are not protected by the relevant laws and regulations.
While the advice and information in this journal are believed to be true and accurate on the date of its going to press, neither the authors, the editors, nor the publisher can accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions that may be made. The publisher makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the material contained herein.
The researches that require the permission of the Ethics Committee for the articles submitted to the Innovations in Science, Technology and Engineering (ISTE) Journal are as follows:
• All kinds of research conducted with qualitative or quantitative approaches such as require data collection from participants using questionnaires, interviews, focus group work, observation, experimentation, interview techniques,
• Usage of humans and animals (including material/data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
• Clinical investigations made on humans,
• Researches made on animals,
• Retrospective studies in accordance with the law on protection of personal data also in addition
• In case reports, it should be stated that the "informed consent form" was obtained.
• It should be stated that permission is obtained from the owners for the use of scales, questionnaires and photographs belonging to others.
• It should be stated that copyright regulations are complied with for the intellectual and artistic works used.
Whether the articles to be published in the journal require ethics committee permission and/or legal/special permission should be stated in the article. If these permissions are required, it should be clearly presented from which institution, on what date and with which decision or issue number the permit was obtained.
If the study requires the use of human and animal subjects, international declaration, guideline, etc. It must be declared appropriately
Innovations in Science, Technology and Engineering (ISTE) Journal attaches importance to ethical rules for the protection of the rights of both the journal and the authors and considers the ethical rules and responsibilities published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)
These ethical responsibilities have been prepared in accordance with the ethical rules and responsibilities set out by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). The editors, reviewers and authors of our journal are expected to act in accordance with the following ethical rules.
Scientific Research Ethics
- Scientific methods are used in obtaining, analyzing, interpreting and reaching the data. Non-scientific results cannot be used as research results.
- Author(s) must adhere to the national and international agreements during research period and must obtain permission from the competent authorities.
-The data obtained in the studies must be used in the manner/form permitted by the authorities. It is essential that data, which must not be shared, remain confidential.
Actions Contrary to Scientific Research and Publication Ethics
Plagiarism: A person's use of other people's expressions, inventions or thoughts in her/his paper as if they belonged to her/him without citing them,
Falsification: To modify a research according to its own interests through fraud during the proposal, evaluation and reporting stages,
Distortion: To falsify research records and obtained data, to show that methods, devices and materials that are not used in the research are used, not to evaluate data that are not in accordance with the research hypothesis, to play with data and/or results to fit relevant theories or assumptions, in line with the interests of the people and organizations supported falsify or shape research results,
Duplicate/Multiple Submission: Presenting republished papers as separate papers for academic appointments and promotions,
Least Publishable Units: Disseminating a published paper and re-publishing each part separately,
Unfair Author Contribution or Attribution: To include people who do not have active contributions among the authors or not to include them, to change the author's order in an unjustified and inappropriate manner, to remove the names of those who have active contributions from the paper in the following editions, to include the name among the authors by using their influence even though they do not have active contributions.
Publication and Authorship
All submitted papers are subject to a peer review process by at least two national or international reviewers; The rejected articles are not being resent for reviewing; The papers before being sent for reviewing are first checked by anti-plagiarism software. Authors should provide all sources of data used in the research. Plagiarism in all its forms is unethical and it is unacceptable.
Authors must ensure that the submitted article is their original work, which has not been previously published;
Authors must ensure that the submitted article has not been considered for publication elsewhere;
Authors must state that all data in the paper are authentic;
Authors must report any errors in their published paper to the Editors;
Authors should provide a revised version of their article, according to the reviewers' recommendations.
Any manuscript received for reviewing will be treated as a confidential document;
Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors;
Reviews should be conducted objectively, and observations should be formulated clearly with supporting arguments so that authors can use them for improving the paper;
Reviewers should inform the editors of any substantial similarity between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper;
Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Editors decide which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published; Editors are responsible for the contents and overall quality of the publication;
Editors should evaluate manuscripts exclusively basid on their academic merit;
Peer review assists the editors in making editorial decisions. Editors should publish only peer reviewed accepted articles;
Editors should have a clear picture of a research's funding sources;
An editor must not use unpublished information in the editor's research without the express written consent of the author.
Please see the journal webpage "Innovation in Science, Technology and Engineering (ISTE)" to get more details.
Name: Uğur Duran, Murat Öztürk
Tel.: +90 (326) 613 5600/2754